Materials Tech III
Company: Ardent Health Services
Posted on: January 21, 2023
Join our Topeka Hospital team as a day shift, full time Materials
THE UNIVERSITY OF KANSAS HEALTH SYSTEM ST. FRANCIS CAMPUS
The University of Kansas Health System St. Francis Campus is proud
to be a part of a long legacy of highquality, compassionate care.
St. Francis Hospital began serving its community in 1909 as the
mission of a group of Catholic nuns who rose up to meet a need.
Today, St. Francis Campus is jointly owned by The University of
Kansas Health System and Ardent Health Services. It has 378
licensed inpatient beds, 14 primary and specialty care clinic
locations, and a history of technological advancements and
dedicated staff. The St. Francis Campus also includes Tallgrass
Surgical Center. Tallgrass Surgical Center is a freestanding
multi-specialty ambulatory surgery center that houses three
operating rooms and one procedure room.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Materials
The overall responsibility of the Materials Tech III is to
coordinate and assist with the daily inventory management and
control of procedural area supplies. Adhere to policies,
procedures, and regulations to ensure compliance and patient
Additionally, this role includes the use of analytic tools to
accurately capture spend and utilization data (Lawson, Epic, Excel)
in support of inventory control and management.
- Provides supply management for OR/Specialty area through
maintaining, monitoring, adjusting, and supply replenishment of
inventory areas, processing requisitions, tracking/expediting of
orders, and managing new product requests and conversions.
- Assists with the research and implementation of opportunities
to improve efficiencies and reduce cost. Evaluates and adjusts par
levels for cost effective par. Manages expired and obsolete
- Responsible for conducting regular inventory cycle counts.
- Regularly maintains and updates order guides/par areas,
organizes store rooms and updates labeling systems to ensure
efficient ordering and inventory processes.
- Manages procedural area vendors, ensuring they are in
compliance with policies, procedures, and appropriate credentials
through the VendorMate credentialing system.
- Effectively works with corporate for item add/activations,
contract issues, and Epic item integrity.
- Processes non-stock order requisitions accurately and timely.
Follows up as needed; works effectively with purchasing.
- Reviews procedural area schedule for future cases that may
require special needs, such as implants, supplies, etc.
- Participates effectively in inventory process, including
pre-inventory work, actual inventory, and post-inventory work.
Assists management with variance analysis.
- Follows processes and procedures for new item requests and
opportunities at facility.
- Facilitates and coordinates with peers and clinical staff for
product trials and conversions. Drives approved conversions to
completion. Updates order guides and ensures clinical staff has
completed preference card updates
- Works with designated procedural staff to ensure supply
integrity is available and updated in the Epic EHR system
- Responsible for the coordination or collaboration in the tissue
tracking system, as agreed upon by the individual facility, market,
- Coordinates repair of equipment with Instrument Technicians,
Vendors, and Biomedical representatives, where applicable.
- Facilitates the development of materials management strategies
on the unit
- Actively participates in meeting and/or exceeding departmental
and individual goals
- Oversees recall notifications and takes action when required.
Sends information on any affected inventory to procurement to
process returns, where applicable.
- Monitors and tracks clinical staff to adhere to materials
management policies regarding proper utilization of approved
supplies, the inventory system, and the accuracy of products
- Takes ownership of assignments; other duties as assigned or
requested. Acting as the primary resource and support for the
clinical colleagues in procedural/specialty areas.
- Communicates and listens effectively with internal and external
customers; effectively understands instructions and shares
knowledge. Works as a liaison for procedural area staff,
directors/managers, physicians, and vendor reps to facilitate flow
of information and follow through of tasks, actively seeking out
clarifying information and pursuing communication contacts as
- High School diploma or GED equivalent
- Moderate to heavy walking, standing, and
- Lifting between ten (10) to twenty (20) pounds
- May be required to work irregular schedules including but not
limited to weekends, on-call, and overtime.
- Exposure to elements including but not limited to dust, noise,
moisture, heat, etc.
- Two (2) years of related experience of which one (1) year must
have been in Materials Management or Clinical Area.
- ERP system, such as Lawson, experience preferred
- Warehouse organization and operational experience desired
- Knowledge o f Epic decremented inventory preferred
- Understanding of operating room products and their uses
- Knowledge of PO pricing and GL interaction
- Computer literacy to include MS Office (Word, Outlook, and
- Ability to analyze and interpret data
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, projects, and tasks
- Ability to deal with stressful situations
Keywords: Ardent Health Services, Topeka , Materials Tech III, Other , Topeka, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!