Company: Home Builders Institute Inc
Location: Fort Riley
Posted on: January 24, 2023
HBI has been training and educating America's home construction
workforce for more than 40 years. Our proven business model has
helped countless individuals create long-term career opportunities.
Over the years, we have continued to build our program offerings
and expand our footprint in the construction industry. From
innovative initiatives to creative partnerships, we remain
committed to building careers and changing lives.Our programs teach
highly sought-after technical construction trades and
entrepreneurship to youth aged 16-24 in our Job Corps programs,
Military Services, our Academies, and programs for adults and youth
operating behind the fence in correctional facilities.HBI is
currently seeking a Carpentry Instructor. As a carpentry
instructor, you will demonstrate-through hands-on training and
classroom instruction-proper technique, safety, and detail which
are essential skills of polished trades professionals. Specific
duties are as follows:
- Instruct program participants in carpentry using approved
- Develop curriculum and supporting training materials, as
- Coordinate hands-on training activities including on-site and
- Demonstrate proper tool and equipment use, with an emphasis on
- Recommend students for job placement.
- Monitor and coach trainees.
- Perform various administrative and reporting functions, as
- Ability to meet Career Technical Training requirements,
including a High School Diploma or equivalent and/or any
combination of work, education and/or skills equivalent to
Journey-level experience in [relevant trade - Carpentry,
Electrical, Plumbing or HVAC]Preferred Qualifications:
- Must have basic computer skills, including some experience with
database and MS Office
- Strong coaching skills and the determination to teach, inspire
and lead future trades professionals are essential.
- A strong orientation to safety in the workplace is a must.
- Valid state driver's license required.HBI offers a competitive
salary and benefits program. HBI is an equal
opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected
veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other
protected characteristic as established by federal, state, or local
Keywords: Home Builders Institute Inc, Topeka , Carpentry Instructor, Other , Fort Riley, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!