Courtesy Clerk - Part Time
Company: Hy-Vee Food Stores
Posted on: November 10, 2019
Job Title: Courtesy Clerk FLSA: Non-ExemptDepartment: Grocery
Revision Date: 01/2014General Function: Provides prompt, efficient
and friendly customer service. Packages purchases and assists
customers with delivery to their mode of transportation.Reporting
Relations:Accountable and Reports to: Store Director; Assistant
Director; Store Operations, Perishables, Health Wellness Home;
Managers of Store Operations, Perishables, Health Wellness Home;
Assistant Managers; 2nd Assistant ManagersDirect Reports:
NonePrimary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides prompt, efficient and friendly customer service by
exhibiting caring, concern and patience in all customer
interactions and treating customers as the most important people in
- Smiles and greets customers in a friendly manner, whether the
encounter takes place in the employee's designated department or
elsewhere in the store.
- Makes an effort to learn customers' names and to address them
by name whenever possible.
- Assists customers by: (examples include) escorting them to the
products they're looking for securing products that are out of
reach loading or unloading heavy items making note of and passing
along customer suggestions or requests performing other tasks in
every way possible to enhance the shopping experience.
- Answers the telephone promptly and provides friendly, helpful
service to customers who call.
- Works with co-workers as a team to ensure customer satisfaction
and a pleasant work environment.
- Packages purchases.
- Cleans but not limited to registers, restrooms, break room;
backroom, sweeps and mops the floor, and tends to supply
- Assists customer in transporting purchases to their mode of
- Helps train new courtesy clerks.
- Checks prices on products.
- Pulls product forward on shelf.
- Brings carts in from parking lot and cart corral.
- Cleans can redemption area and empties the recycle bins, where
- Stocks, faces, rotates merchandise, cleans shelves, understands
shelf tags, and knows location of merchandise in the store and also
in the back room.
- Maintains supplies on front-end; i.e. paper/plastic sacks,
receipt paper, etc.
- Maintains strict adherence to department and company guidelines
related to personal hygiene and dress.
- Adheres to company policies and individual store
- Reports to work when scheduled and on time.Secondary Duties and
- Assists in all departments as requested (within the wage and
- Delivers product to customers (within the wage and hour
- Shovels, salts, and sands walkways.
- Assists in other areas of store as needed.
- Performs other job related duties and special projects as
required.Education and Experience:No education or experience
requirements.Physical Requirements: Must be physically able to
exert up to 50 pounds of force occasionally; exert up to 20 pounds
of force frequently; and exert up to 10 pounds of force constantly
to move objects. Visual requirements include vision from less than
20 inches to more than 20 feet with or without correction, depth
perception, color vision, and field of vision. Must be able to
perform the following physical activities: Climbing, balancing,
stooping, kneeling, reaching, standing, walking, pulling, lifting,
grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, and repetitive
motions.Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Worker Characteristics:
Must have the ability to carry out detailed but uninvolved written
or verbal instructions; deal with a few concrete variables. Ability
to do simple addition and subtraction; copying figures, counting
and recording. Must be able to understand and follow verbal or
demonstrated instructions; writes identifying information request
supplies orally or in writing, increased contact with
people.Working Conditions:This position is exposed to noise,
temperature extremes, dampness, dirt, and
chemicals/solvents.Equipment Used to Perform Job:Tomra (bottle
machines), window washing equipment, vacuum cleaner, power washer,
brooms, delivery vehicle, phone, fax, copier, two wheeler, pallet
jack, box cutter (within wage and hour guidelines).Contacts:Has
daily contact with the general public and occasional contact with
Keywords: Hy-Vee Food Stores, Topeka , Courtesy Clerk - Part Time, Other , Topeka, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!