Company: The J. M. Smucker Company
Posted on: May 16, 2020
The J.M. Smucker Company has a unique culture rooted in our
Basic Beliefs, strengthened by Our Commitment to Each Other and
perpetuated by the creation of an environment that leads to the
continued growth of our employees.
Inspired by more than 120 years of business success and five
generations of family leadership, The J. M. Smucker Company makes
food that people and pets love. The Company s portfolio of 40+
brands, which are found in 90 percent of U.S. homes and countless
restaurants, includes iconic products consumers have always loved
such as Folgers , Jif and Milk-Bone plus new favorites like Caf
Bustelo , Smucker s Uncrustables and Rachael Ray Nutrish . Over the
past two decades, the Company has grown rapidly by thoughtfully
acquiring leading and emerging brands, while ensuring the business
has a positive impact on its 7,000+ employees, the communities it
is a part of and the planet. For more information about The J. M.
Smucker Company, visit https://jmsmucker.com.
The Logistics Coordinator schedules ingredient deliveries from
corporate purchase contracts to arrive at the proper time, place,
quality, quantity, and price consistent with the needs of the
Company to support the Topeka factory operation.
* Control and maintain inventory levels of ingredients to meet
production requirements and minimize excess inventory levels by
scheduling shipments from corporate contracts.
* Converse with suppliers and corporate procurement to communicate
production requirements, resolve problems with shipments, invoices
and quality issues daily.
* Provide support to operations, corporate procurement and
suppliers in managing new ingredients and changes to current
specifications as required.
* Works closely with production planning and operations teams to
adhere to or revise schedules.
* Maintain delivery schedules in Excel spreadsheets for security
and operations teams.
* Minimize transportation costs such as short quantity orders,
short lead-time orders, and demurrage/detention penalties.
* Cover the absences of Ingredient Planner coworker.
* Perform inventory cycle counts semi-monthly and one yearly
* Daily overtime is regular for this position as needed.
* Must be available for communication with operations after office
hours for late/missing deliveries.
* Follow all safety policies and procedures of the local
* Participate actively as a member of the Topeka SQMS Supply Chain
* Execute other duties as required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The
requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge,
skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the duties
and functions of the position.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
High-school degree or equivalent is required.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, GMP's
and general instructions. Good communication skills are
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out both oral
and written instructions..
The J. M. Smucker Company (the Company ) is an Equal Opportunity
Employer. No person will be discriminated against in hiring or in
any other aspect of their employment on the basis of race, color,
religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin,
ancestry, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity
or expression, transgender status, marital status, familial status,
disability, genetic information, protected veteran/military status,
or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state
or local law.
Keywords: The J. M. Smucker Company, Topeka , Coordinator, Logistics, Professions , Topeka, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!