Topeka Distribution Center - General Warehouse Worker
Company: The J. M. Smucker Company
Posted on: September 13, 2020
The schedule for this position is Saturday, Sunday, and Monday
6pm to 6am. This position is located in Topeka, Kansas. In this
position an employee is expected to safely operate a forklift or
other powered material handling equipment (MHE) to move and stack
finished goods and packaging material. Accountable for the safe and
efficient operation of the vehicle and may be required to perform
duties as an order selector, unloader, or loader. Ability to drive
electric powered MHE equipped with lifting devices such as
forklift, walkie rider, reach truck and ability to operate push
pull devices in order to move product, equipment or materials.
Operate Stretch Wrapper and Inverter in the Warehouse DC.
The General Warehouse Worker job duties are:
* Obtain a J.M. Smucker Forklift Drivers License and demonstrate
safe operations of the forklift to include safe travel speeds and
* Keep forklift battery area clean, service batteries and be able
to change forklift batteries.
* On a daily basis, perform pre-operational inspections of power
equipment and record activity on inspection sheet.
* Review, understand and follow the operator responsibilities of
all JSA s, SOP s, and Safe Practices written for the Warehouse
* Adhere to all OSHA standards.
* Load, unload, stack, and stage product and materials using a
forklift, walkie rider, or other power equipment.
* Receiving/Putaway: Unload inbound shipments safely and move
product to storage locations. Efficiently stack and store
merchandise in the appropriate areas.
* Order Picking: Pull and prepare product for shipment, ensuring
that the exact number and type of product is loaded and
* Loading: Efficiently move product from staging and/or storage
areas into trailers or containers.
* Quality: Ensure inbound and outbound shipments are accurate and
free of damage. Report quality variances.
* WMS/Inventory: Utilize warehouse management system to maintain
accurate inventory including RF capabilities for every warehouse
operation to include; order selection, moves, receiving, loading
and cycle counting.
* Safety, Housekeeping, Security: Maintain a clean, neat and
orderly work area. Assist in maintaining the security of the
warehouse. Conduct operations in a manner that promotes safety.
Comply with OSHA and other applicable standards. Support and abide
by the company s safety program and all safety initiatives.
Policies and procedures. Report issues and problems to
* Report maintenance issues in a timely manner.
* Clean warehouse of all loose debris from the floor and traveling
* Communicate with both oncoming and departing shift.
* Wear proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) appropriate with
job tasks and areas
* Other duties as assigned.
High School Diploma or GED required.
The J. M. Smucker Company (the Company ) is an Equal Opportunity
Employer. No person will be discriminated against in hiring or in
any other aspect of their employment on the basis of race, color,
religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin,
ancestry, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity
or expression, transgender status, marital status, familial status,
disability, genetic information, protected veteran/military status,
or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state
or local law.
Keywords: The J. M. Smucker Company, Topeka , Topeka Distribution Center - General Warehouse Worker, Professions , Topeka, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!