Technician, Field Service (Multiple Locations across U.S.)
Company: Sysmex America Inc
Posted on: September 13, 2020
Find a Better Way...
...to use your skills and experience.
This is the time to let your talent come to life. To maximize your
knowledge and use it for the greater good. To work with the best
professionals using state-of-the-art technology, and improve lives
with your innovative ideas and ambitious dreams. Find a better way:
the Sysmex Way.
...to improve the lives of others.
Headquartered in Kobe, Japan, Sysmex is located in Lincolnshire,
Illinois. Renowned worldwide for the very finest in quality,
innovative diagnostic equipment and information-management systems,
we apply science to enhance the quality of life on a global scale.
Our agile, resourceful team is committed to realizing critical
breakthroughs in laboratory diagnostics, information technology,
workflow analysis and life sciences for the clinical
...to build a promising future.
We currently have a great opportunity for a Field Service
Technician. The Field Service Technician (FST) is responsible for
developing the knowledge and expertise needed to move into a
Service Engineer (SE) position and service the Sysmex product
lines. The FST will undergo extensive training to prepare for open
SE positions as they become available. During the training period,
which will last approximately 9 months, the FST will travel
frequently throughout the U.S., when not attending formal training
classes. Upon completion of the training program, the FST will be
utilized to supplement existing territories, support emerging
territories and other field needs for up to six months until they
assume a permanent assignment in a U.S. service district. The FST
is expected to move into an open SE position in a service district
as they become available.
There are multiple locations open across the U.S.:
Council Bluffs, IA
Kansas City, KS
Los Angeles, CA
New Jersey - North
New York City, NY
San Diego, CA
San Jose, CA
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Successfully complete all training to perform the duties of a
Service Engineer (SE).
* During training program, travel to various U.S. service districts
to work with a mentor or assist with SE related tasks.
* Upon successful completion of the training program, work as an SE
in various service districts as needed for periods up to six
* Travel during the training period may be up to 90% within the
* Accept an SE or related position after the successful completion
* Demonstrate the ability to perform SE duties and responsibilities
* Install, maintain, and repair Sysmex instruments and systems,
* Identifying and analyzing instrument problems.
* Repairing to meet specifications.
* Performing pre-installation site surveys, installations,
scheduled maintenance, and approved modifications in accordance
with Sysmex policies.
* Scheduling modifications as indicated in the Technical Service
Bulletin (TSB) and Engineering Change Request (ECR) processes.
* Monitor and respond to communication devices during all scheduled
* Properly document all service related activities in a timely and
professional manner including inventory, service orders, expense
reports, and all other required records.
* Perform duties within defined service standards, including but
not limited to on-time and within labor hour goals for scheduled
maintenance, demand service events, installations, and first-visit
* Support and provide ownership of technical issues at existing
* Work cross-functionally with other Sysmex Associates to ensure
total customer resolution and maximize very satisfied customer
* Miscellaneous duties include:
* Maintain expenses within guidelines
* Maintain high level of customer account management and
* Maintain control of parts inventory and all company property
* Perform duties in such a manner as to develop confidence, promote
goodwill, and maintain or improve credibility with regard to
quality of products and customer service.
* Promote effective, positive and productive communication and
teamwork between all Sysmex personnel.
Percentage of Travel: Up to 50%
Physical Risk: Regular exposure to risk that may require alertness,
but with minimal precautions.
Physical Demands: Moderate physical activity. Routine handling of
objects 21 to 50 pounds; continuous (at least 80% of time) walking
or inspections, keyboard or CRT work. May require periods of
moderate discomfort due to noise, dust, lighting and/or other
Individual Education & Training Required for Position: Training
required for this position is defined and governed in accordance to
COP-0013 Associate Training and will be assigned in the LMS.
For more information on our Field Service Technician Program,
please visit https://www.sysmexfieldservicetechnician.com/
* Associates degree or equivalent in electronics, or military
service and training in electronics or equivalent.
* Electronics and/or laboratory science.
* Completion of Sysmex-certified instrument training.
* A valid driver s license or ability to obtain one, within 90
* 0-3 years of experience.
* Must be willing to relocate to any of our service districts
throughout the U.S.
* Excellent command of English, both verbal and written; second
language desirable (Spanish, French or Portuguese).
* General computer knowledge in a Windows environment is required.
Basic knowledge of LIS systems and interfacing principles
* Demonstrated ability to explain in simple and understandable
terms complex technical information associated with Sysmex
* Outstanding listening skills, patience and understanding.
* Demonstrated presentation and influence skills.
* Team orientation; demonstrated facilitation skills.
* Maintaining stable performance under pressure or opposition (such
as time pressure or job ambiguity); handling stress in a manner
that is acceptable to others and to the organization.
* Ability to maintain a high energy level and positive
Sysmex is proud to be an EEO/Affirmative Action employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and
will not be discriminated against on the basis of sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, color, religion, national origin,
disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic
protected by law. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform
pre-employment substance abuse testing..
Keywords: Sysmex America Inc, Topeka , Technician, Field Service (Multiple Locations across U.S.), Professions , Topeka, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!