CDL B Ready Mix Driver - Topeka (Topeka,KS)
Company: Concrete Supply and Builders Choice Companies
Posted on: October 17, 2020
Concrete Supply of Topeka & Builder's Choice Companies CDL
Ready-Mix Driver Topeka, KS 66606 Position Summary:Operate a
commercial motor vehicle with a capacity of at least 26,001 GVWR,
to transport and deliver ready mix concrete. Will be required to
operate different aspects of the vehicle's systems to alter, mix or
unload as required. May require use of automated routing equipment.
Requires commercial drivers' license, Class B minimum. Essential
Functions:To perform this job successfully, an individual must be
able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable
Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Follow appropriate safety procedures for transporting ready mix
- Check vehicle to ensure that mechanical, safety, and emergency
equipment is in good operating order.
- Maintain logs of operating hours and delivery of product,
following applicable state and federal regulations.
- Obtain receipts or signatures for delivered goods and collect
payment for services when required.
- Check all load-related documentation to ensure that it is
complete and accurate.
- Maneuver vehicle into loading or unloading positions, following
signals from loading crew and checking that vehicle and loading
equipment are properly positioned.
- Drive vehicle safely, including vehicles with high center of
gravity, to transport and deliver product, following applicable
state and federal regulations.
- Report vehicle defects, accidents, traffic violations, or
damage to the vehicles.
- Collect delivery instructions from appropriate sources,
verifying instructions and routes.
- Operate equipment, such as truck cab computers, CB radios, and
telephones, to exchange necessary information with bases,
supervisors, or other drivers.
- Perform basic vehicle maintenance tasks such as adding oil,
fuel, and radiator fluid, or performing minor repairs.
- Load and unload vehicles, or help others with loading and
unloading, operating any special loading-related equipment on
vehicles and using other equipment as necessary.
- Climb ladders or stairs to inspect loads, ensuring that the
product is accurate, and vehicle is clean.
- Collaborate with other drivers as part of a driving team on
- Effectively and professionally communicate with customers to
ensure proper delivery of product.
- Must maintain driver s daily logs.
- Climb in and out of vehicle cab frequently throughout day.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management. Qualifications:
- High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED)
- Six months to one year related driving experience
- Must have valid CDL, class B with air brakes minimum.
- Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account
for his/her actions.
- Applied Learning - Ability to participate in needed learning
activities in a way that makes the most of the learning
- Safety Awareness - Ability to identify and correct conditions
that affect employee safety.
- Time Management - Ability to utilize the available time to
organize and complete work within given deadlines.
- Working Under Pressure - Ability to complete assigned tasks
under stressful situations.
- Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with
others using the spoken word.
- Reliability - The trait of being dependable and
- Customer Oriented - Ability to take care of the customers needs
while following company procedures.
- Responsible - Ability to be held accountable or answerable for
one s conduct.
- Decision Making - Ability to make critical decisions while
following company procedures. Physical Demands:The physical demands
described here are representative of those that must be met by an
employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this
job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While
performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly
exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts;
outside weather conditions; and extreme cold and/or heat. Noise
level in the work environment is usually moderate.Why work for us:
Concrete Supply of Topeka, Builders Choice Concrete, and Builders
Choice Aggregates have a safety-focused culture. Our people are our
company's strength and vitality; the collective experience, talent,
and commitment are the lifeblood of our company. As a company, our
goal is to inform and train employees to ensure everyone returns
home safely each night to be with their families. In compliance
with Federal and State equal employment opportunity laws, qualified
applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran
status, non-job related disability, or any other protected group
status. Associated topics: cdl b, cdl b driver, cdl b driving, cdl
b operator, cdl c driving, cdl c operator, cdl c owner, choferes
clase b, conductores clase c, driving class b
Keywords: Concrete Supply and Builders Choice Companies, Topeka , CDL B Ready Mix Driver - Topeka (Topeka,KS), Professions , Topeka, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!