Company: Tractor Supply
Posted on: November 19, 2021
Must be at least 18 years of age and possess a valid driver's
license. This position is responsible for maintaining inventory
accuracy to keep inventory shortages at or below store goals and
maximize stores sales by receiving and shipping freight within a
timely manner. The Receiver is responsible for interacting with
customers and team members, supporting selling initiatives, and
performing assigned tasks, while providing legendary customer
service. This position is also responsible for promoting a safe and
productive work environment for all Team Members, customers, and
vendors, as well as adhering to Tractor Supply Company safety
training and guidelines.
It is essential that you be available, flexible, adaptable, and
service-oriented, as you must be able to fulfill all of the
following requirements. 1. Maintain regular and predictable
attendance.2. Work scheduled shifts, and have the ability to work
varied hours, days, nights, weekends, and overtime as dictated by
business needs. 3. Take the initiative to support selling
a. Greet the Customer.
b. Uncover the Customers' needs.c. Recommend products.d. Ask for
4. This position is required to perform a combination of the
following duties during 95 percent of their day. Although the mix
may vary from one day to another, our business and staffing model
makes it essential that every person in this position be able to
perform all of the following duties accurately, efficiently and
safely on a regular basis and without advance notice:
a. Accountable for processing of inbound and outbound freight.b.
Maintain accurate inventory control and adhere to loss prevention
standards. c. Recovery of merchandise. d. Participate in mandatory
freight process. e. Keep a clean, organized, and safe work area. f.
Maintain, recover, stock, and tag assigned work areas including all
merchandise displayed outside of the store.g. Operate cash
register/computer following cash handling procedures as established
by Tractor Supply Company.h. Rotation and disposition of dated
products.i. Assemble merchandise.j. Operate Forklift.k. Operate
l. Operate floor scrubber/buffer, ensuring floors are maintainedl.
Complete all documentation associated with any of the above job
5. May be required to perform other duties as assigned.
Experience: Shipping/receiving experience preferred but not
required. Retail experience and/or farming, ranching, pet/equine,
or welding knowledge is strongly preferred. Must be 18 years of age
or older and possess a valid driver's license.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent is preferred, but not
required. Regardless of education level, you must be able to read,
write, and count accurately.
Professional Certifications: None.
Other knowledge, skills or abilities:
* Basic computer skills/experience.
* Basic math skills.
* Strong interpersonal skills and ability to resolve issues
ethically and with minimal conflict.
* Ability to resolve issues ethically and with minimal conflict by
possessing strong interpersonal skills.
* Ability to utilize strong verbal and written communications
skills to communicate effectively with team members and
* Ability to freely access all areas of the store including selling
floor, side lot, stock area and register area.
* Knowledge of and proficiency in basic computer skills.
* Ability to read, write, and count to accurately complete all
* Ability to operate and use all necessary equipment required to
perform job duties such as a dolly, hand-truck, forklift, cardboard
baler, computer, and cash register.
* Ability to move and transfer merchandise generally weighing 0 50
* Ability to push or pull merchandise up to 2,000 lbs with the
assistance of proper material handling equipment.
* Ability to crouch/squat, bend, stoop, and climb ladders.
* Ability to work varied hours, days, nights and weekends as
* Upon successful completion of training and certification, work
may require the ability to dispense propane.
* Ability to stand and walk for up to 4 hours straight without a
* Must be at least 18 years of age and possess a valid drivers
* Ability to multi-task
* Working environment is favorable, generally working inside with
moderate noise. Indoor and outdoor lots generally are hard surfaces
(concrete, asphalt, etc.) Lighting and temperature are adequate.
Ability to work outdoors in adverse weather conditions.
* Work shifts vary from one store to another, but generally are no
less than 4 hours and may exceed 8 hours.
* Promote a safe and productive work environment for all Team
Members, customers, and vendors, as well as adhere to Tractor
Supply Company safety training and guidelines.
Physical and Mental Requirements (Essential Functions):
The position is non-sedentary. It is essential that you have the
physical and mental stamina and ability to move throughout the
store and outdoor areas quickly and safely; to operate all
equipment related to their job duties efficiently, safely,
properly, and accurately; and to provide the highest level of
customer service. You must have the physical and mental ability to
perform all of the following tasks (with or without reasonable
* Ability to constantly operate a forklift
* Ability to operate and use all other equipment necessary to run a
store (e.g. dolly, hand truck, computer, cash register).
* Ability to operate floor maintenance equipment (e.g. floor
* Ability to move and transfer merchandise, weighing up to 50
pounds, throughout the store
* Ability to push and pull merchandise up to 2,000 pounds with the
assistance of proper material handling equipment (e.g. pallet
* Ability to occasionally lift or reach merchandise overhead
* Ability to frequently stand, kneel, twist, crouch, squat, bend,
stoop, and climb ladders
* Ability to move throughout the store for an entire shift
* Ability to safely access all areas of the store including selling
floor, side lot, stock area, and register area
* Ability to constantly operate store equipment such as computer,
cash register, and other store equipment
* Ability to read, write, and count accurately to complete all
* Ability to utilize strong written and verbal communication skills
to communicate effectively with team members and customers
* Ability to process information / merchandise through the
* Ability to successfully complete training and certification to
dispense propane and to dispense propane
* Ability to successfully complete all required training
* Ability to travel as required in support of district needs
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities
for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent
a comprehensive list of responsibilities. A team member should
perform all duties as assigned by his/ her supervisor.
Tractor Supply Company (TSCO), the largest rural lifestyle retailer
in the United States, is dedicated to enhancing our strong company
culture built on our Team Members' commitment to our Mission and
Values. With over 1,900 stores in 49 states and an innovative
e-commerce platform, Tractor Supply ranks in the Fortune 400 with
annual revenues of more than $8 billion and growing! Come grow your
career with us as we serve those who live "Life out Here"!
Click Here to See Why We are a Great Place to Work!
Tractor Supply Company offers a competitive Benefits package,
including Medical, Dental, & Vision plans, to all Full-time Team
Members as well as Part-time Team Members who are deemed eligible
based on a minimum hours requirement. In addition, TSC offers
access to other Benefits such as a Health Savings Account, Life
Insurance, 401(k), and an Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Keywords: Tractor Supply, Topeka , TM Receiver, Professions , Topeka, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!