Maintenance Technician 1
Company: Hill's Pet Nutrition
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Work that matters, fueled by passion for pets! At Hill's we have
a purpose. Every day around the world, we transform the lives of
millions of pet families through pioneering innovation, amazing
nutrition, and the best and brightest people. Founded more than 75
years ago with an unwavering commitment to pet nutrition, Hills'
mission is to help enrich and lengthen the special relationships
between people and their pets.HILL'S - Prescription Diet -
therapeutic pet foods, HILL'S - Science Diet - and HILL'S - Ideal
Balance--- wellness pet foods are sold worldwide. Hill's is a
division of Colgate-Palmolive, a leading global consumer products
company, tightly focused on Oral Care, Personal Care, Home Care and
Pet Nutrition, with sales of products in more than 200 countries.To
learn more about Hill's and Colgate, please visit
http://www.hillspet.com and http://www.colgatepalmolive.com, or
find us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.At Hill's we
have a purpose. Every day around the world, we transform the lives
of millions of pet families through pioneering innovation, amazing
nutrition, and the best and brightest people.If you're interested
in work that matters, fueled by passion for pets, we invite you to
apply for our Maintenance Technician position at our Topeka, Kansas
manufacturing facility.The Maintenance Technician will be
responsible for the day-to-day maintenance of infrastructure and
equipment that produces wet canned products. Maintenance
Technicians support the complete state change from raw materials to
finished product, including waste water and boiler
operationsEssential Job Functions include:
- Actively participates in efficient maintenance and changeover
of equipment that supports the conversion of raw materials to
finished goods of a quality specialty pet food product. Supports
meeting yield, productivity and financial requirements.
- Performs industrial maintenance on electrical systems to
include power distribution (motors, motor controls, overload
protections, etc.), PLCs and PLC networks, instrumentation (meters,
scales, weighing systems, motion and position sensors, X-ray
equipment, etc.), hydraulic and pneumatic systems, lighting and
facility systems, and knowledge of NEC requirements.
- Functions as a troubleshooter for packaging, processing, grain
batching, boiler and waste water operations, including mechanical
duties to maintain power transmissions, gearboxes, sprockets,
chains, sleeves, belts, bushings, etc.
- Maintains operating knowledge of all equipment and processes
including updates to equipment or processes.
- Audits work order completion, supports ordering parts and
coordinating resources to ensure effectiveness.
- Reviews project instructions and blueprints to ascertain test
specifications, procedures, objectives, test equipment, nature of
technical problems, and possible solutions such as part redesign,
substitution of materials or parts, or re-engineering of parts or
- Operates a forklift, boom lift and scissor lift equipment as
- Enters and analyzes data to track KPIs; use SAP and/or related
- Understands and applies root cause analysis and creative
problem solving techniques.
- Understands and complies with Hill's policies, safety
standards, Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) and Food Safety.
Identify and report Food Safety issues to management
- Works as a member of a team responsible for achieving
plant-wide goals concerning production, quality, safety and
customer satisfaction.Basic qualifications include:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Either 1+ year of industrial Maintenance experience working in
a manufacturing plant or A vocational / technical degree in an
industrial maintenance program (or equivalent)
- Willing and able to bend, climb, crawl, work in confined
spaces, work in hazardous condition spaces, work in extreme weather
conditions, use hazardous materials and lift up to 50 lbs on a
continual basisPreferred qualifications include:
- Experience in a food processing manufacturing environment
- Willing and able to work any shift schedule, including nights
- Willing and able to adhere to all safety and EOHS standards,
and wear and utilize all personal protective equipment
- Ability to work in self-directed work groups.
- Ability to use computer systems like SAP, Word, Excel and
email.Are you interested in working for Hill's Pet Nutrition? You
can apply to work with us using this online application. Attach all
relevant documents such as a cover letter and resume or CV.
Applications received by e-mail are not considered in the selection
process.Become part of our team. We look forward to your
application.Equal Opportunity EmployerColgate is an equal
opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national
origin, ethnicity, age, disability, marital status, or any other
characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: Hill's Pet Nutrition, Topeka , Maintenance Technician 1, Professions , Topeka, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!