Land Survey Technician
Company: Professional Engineering Consultants
Posted on: June 21, 2022
Professional Engineering ConsultantsEqual Employment
Opportunity/M/F/disability/protected veteran status
Professional Engineering Consultants (PEC) was founded more than a
half century ago as a full-service consulting firm providing
mechanical, electrical, structural, civil, transportation, water
and wastewater, land development, planning services; a broad range
of field work including survey, geotechnical, construction
inspection, testing, air and water balance capabilities; as well as
the all the essential professions it takes to make it all come
together for our public, private, and industrial clients.
Headquartered in Wichita, Kansas, with additional locations in
Kansas, Missouri, Oklahoma, and Colorado, our projects take us
across the nation and around the world. At PEC, our employees have
a passion for the communities where they work, live, and play.
If you are looking for a career path that provides the opportunity
for you to reach your full potential, PEC is the place to be.
-PEC's team culture is built on our ability to solve problems
through a collaborative process. - We elevate each other by
aligning personal strengths to professional development. - Our
engineers and staff do not just sit behind desks. - We work
together with other teams, make site visits, take tours, meet
face-to-face with the clients, establish big goals, and set out to
PEC has an opportunity for a Land Survey Technician in our Topeka,
Kansas office. - The Land Survey Technician will work directly with
the Crew Chief in order to complete all types of land survey
Position Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work directly with the Crew Chief in order to complete all
types of land survey functions.
- Operate GPS equipment, robotic total stations, terrestrial
LIDAR scanners, hand held collects, and automatic levels.
- Load and unload survey equipment and supplies in preparation
for daily work.
- Participate in construction staking, topographic design
surveys, underground utility investigation of storm drains and
sewers, boundary surveys, aerial mapping and more.
- Maintains regular attendance and punctuality
- May be called upon to answers question and provide information
to the public concerning surveying activities (all inquiries shall
be referred to Party Chief).
- Tracks and maintains survey supplies such as stakes and marking
equipment; ensures safety devices are present and in use as
appropriate; may place traffic control devices to direct
Qualifications and Skills: -
- Legally authorized to work in the U.S. without
- Current/Valid Driver's License
- Minimum of 1 year surveying experience or related training
preferred; will train qualified candidates.
- High school diploma or General Education Degree or
- Possess above average mathematical knowledge and ability to
operate a hand held calculators, tablets and computers. -Good
- Possess or has the ability to quickly learn new concepts such
as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions relating to
practical situations. (training provided)
- Work environment frequently is in the outdoors and working in
extreme heat and cold; occasionally inside buildings or other
structures; occasionally working near moving mechanical parts,
occasionally working in high precarious places, around fumes or
airborne particles, toxic or caustic waste, risks electrical
shock/explosives/radiation and vibration. Rarely working in wet
conditions; loud noise may be experienced at times.
- Ability to work 50+ hours per week and weekends when
- Able and willing to accept occasional out of town projects if
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status,
age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other
legally protected status.
Keywords: Professional Engineering Consultants, Topeka , Land Survey Technician, Professions , Topeka, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!