Company: Lamar Advertising Company
Posted on: June 22, 2022
Would you like to see a different part of your city every day
from a bird's eye view? This job is action packed, and we
provideall training and equipment to start your full time career.
Our Billboard Installers complete anywhere from 20 to 50 billboard
advertising installations per week. Our Lamar office in Topeka,
Kansas is now hiring a new Operations crew member to help us bring
outdoor advertising campaigns to life for brands in Topeka, KS and
the surrounding areas.Have you ever wondered how billboards are
installed? !Company Overview:Lamar Advertising is one of the
largest outdoor advertising companies in the world. Lamar offers
advertisers a variety of advertising formats, helping both local
businesses and national brands stand out from the competition. We
live by the Golden Rule, and we operate with honesty and integrity
in every aspect of our business. We are open with our employees,
transparent with our customers, and loyal to the communities in
which we serve. We have been in business over 100 years, and we
have stayed true to our mission and values. While Lamar is a large
company, each office has its own culture and family atmosphere,
making employees feel connected both locally and nationally.Want to
hear more about Lamar? Check out these videos:
- Benefits Overview:We offer a competitive and comprehensive
compensation & benefits package for all full-time employees. Some
of our benefit offerings include, but are not limited to, multiple
medical plan options, dental and vision insurance, paid
vacation/sick time, 401K plan, and incentivized wellness
programs.Compensation Overview:The hourly range for this position
is $15.5 - $16.5 / hour, dependent on relevant experience and
qualifications. We provide performance-based wage increases.
-Position Purpose:The purpose of this entry level, full time
position is to install and maintain billboards, including
installation of advertisements, maintenance of structures, and the
construction upkeep of billboard cosmetics. This entry level, full
time position most often works alone and must be able to manage
work schedules effectively.Essential Functions and
- Installing and maintaining all Billboards
- Remove and hang flexes from billboards, remove and hang vinyls,
cut and prepare flexes and vinyls for installation, cut, prepare
and install copy on Tri-Visions
- Maintain construction structures-repairs including but not
limited to: - tightening bolts, painting steel structures,
repairing trim and various parts of the billboard sign face and
structure, change light bulbs as needed, paint structures, assemble
structures and faces when required. -
- Building and installing extensions on billboards, cutting
brush/weeds, conduct storm damage repairs, minor electrical
repairs, and sweeping/cleaning workshop area.
- Use power/manual tools, must adhere to all safety regulations.
- Attend installer and construction safety meetings as
- Maintain operation vehicles; maintain construction tools,
equipment and machinery. -
- Responsible for taking completion photos for proof of
performance of installation.Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Must be able to work alone and manage work schedule
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to speak and read English fluently.
- Must be willing to work and get along well with others
- Basic computer skills including Internet navigation and
Microsoft Word & Excel.
- Ability to comply with Lamar safety standards while performing
- Ability to work from ladders and to carry a ladder and/or other
tools to the worksite from vehicle.
- Working knowledge of electrical skills and techniques.
- Working knowledge of fabrication skills and techniques.
- Skill in reading technical documents, such as blueprints and
- General knowledge of Lamar, Department of Transportation (DOT),
and Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) safety
- Ability to safely use construction equipment, in regards to the
construction and maintenance of outdoor structures.
- Ability to climb heights and work at heights above ground
- Ability to document installations, through photographs and
- Skill in the practical applications of mathematics, in relation
to construction and operations tasks.
- Skill in setting priorities which accurately reflect the
relative importance of job responsibilities.Education and
- A high school diploma or equivalent is required.
- A valid driver's license is required.
- Ability to complete OSHA 10-hour Construction course
- Previous experience working at heights up to 75 ft. above
- Required certification: Non- CDLPhysical Demands and Work
- The primary work environment for this position is outdoors,
requiring the ability to work in adverse weather conditions and
climb to heights up to 75 ft.
- The physical demands for this position include heavy lifting
(up to 100 pounds), extensive bending, pushing, reaching, seeing
(with a focus on reading, color distinction, acuity, depth
perception, and peripheral vision), sitting less than 50% of the
time, standing, stooping, talking, turning, walking, driving, and
- Nights spent away from home traveling are less than 10%.
- On-call shifts may be required.Lamar is an EOE/AA:
Minorities/Females/Disabled/Protected Veterans or any other State
or Federally protected characteristicDisability
Self-Identification: -When applying for a job with Lamar, you will
be asked to voluntarily self-identify whether you have a
disability. Please take a moment to watch for clarification on why
we're asking for this information!California Residents - Lamar
collects personal information in the ordinary course of considering
job applicants. This information may include, for example, name,
address, phone number and other contact information, employment
history and reference contact information, and any other
information provided by an applicant to Lamar. - By submitting an
application, you consent to the use or sharing of this personal
information solely for the purpose of consideration for employment
by Lamar. - Lamar will not sell this information.#Reg57IDEqual
Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
DisabilitiesThe contractor will not discharge or in any other
manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they
have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the
pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have
access to the compensation information of other employees or
applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot
disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals
who do not otherwise have access to compensation information,
unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or
charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding,
hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the
employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to
furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Keywords: Lamar Advertising Company, Topeka , Installer I, Professions , Topeka, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!