Transportation Freight Broker
Company: CGB Enterprises
Posted on: January 15, 2019
Transportation Freight Broker
Job Description:CGB Enterprises Inc. is searching for an exceptional candidate to fill our current opening for a Transportation Freight Broker. River Bend Transport and River Bend Brokerage Co. are the asset and non-asset trucking divisions of CGB Enterprises. We develop relationships with customers and carriers to move freight via flatbed, dry van, reefer, end dump, and pneumatic trailers. River Bend's Account Specialists develop new and existing relationships with customers and carriers, work to understand key decision makers, analyze needs, and align them with River Bend's transportation services. You'll prospect and engage new and existing customers, and find and match carrier capacity with a "hunter" mentality. Working in a fun and entrepreneurial team environment, you'll work to diligently focus on the important fundamentals including tactical, detail-oriented requirements such as carrier compliance, tracking, and customer service, while simultaneously developing and strengthening strategic customer and carrier relationships.
Primary Job Duties:
- Participate in our safety initiative/culture and qualify carriers to meet strict safety and compliance standards
- Learn our TMS technology and utilize data in meaningful ways
- Negotiate transportation rates and closely follow market trends and seasonality of lanes and modes
- Develop customer relationships to secure freight via phone, internet, and networking, and other means
- Develop carrier relationships to secure freight using pre-qualified carrier database or by posting to load boards
- Ensure all activities are compliant with the industry laws and regulations
- Honestly and ethically provide World Class Customer Service
Job Requirements and Skills:
- Work in a team environment while also delivering independent results
- Persuade, motivate, and influence others with confidence and enthusiasm
- Ability to prioritize and manage time efficiently
- Attention to detail and multi-tasking
- Flat bed and van experience required
- Preferred knowledge of all aspects of freight brokering
- This position requires a hunter mentality for finding new business. The selected candidate will be expected to work house accounts as well as developing their own new accounts.
Experience Required: 3-5 years' transportation freight broker experience preferred
Equipment: Phone, Laptop and other equipment provided!
Degree required: College degree preferred but not required
Travel Required: 1-2% travel to attend training
As a large, successful company who prides itself on its stability, CGB Enterprises, Inc. offers a stellar benefits package which includes the following: medical and prescription drug, dental, vision, life & disability insurance, 401(k) retirement plan with company contributions, flexible spending accounts, paid leave (holidays, vacation, sick), wellness program, recognition programs, community involvement opportunities and much more! Salary is commensurate with experience.
CGB Enterprises, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.About Us:Founded in 1970, CGB is known as an innovative and progressive leader in the grain and transportation industries. CGB Enterprises Inc. (CGB) is a private US corporation with foreign ownership (Japanese). The Zen-Noh group and the Itochu group are each 50% owners of CGB. The owners consider CGB to be a long term, strategic investment and have jointly owned CGB for 20+ years.
CGB (www.cgb.com) is comprised of a diverse group of businesses involved in: domestic & export grain operations, farmer risk management services, fertilizer wholesale and retail, inter-modal bulk product terminaling, vessel anchorage & stevedore services, barge-rail-truck logistical and transportation services, barge fleeting & shipyard repair services, oilseed processing, and mortgage financial services.Alternate Locations:
EEOC General Statement:
We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leave of absence, compensation and training.
Keywords: CGB Enterprises, Topeka , Transportation Freight Broker, Professions , Topeka, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!