Production Team Member - Snacks Processing
Company: The J. M. Smucker Company
Posted on: April 16, 2019
For more than 120 years, The J.M. Smucker Company has brought
families together to share memorable meals and moments. Guided by a
vision to engage, delight, and inspire consumers through trusted
food and beverage brands that bring joy throughout their lives,
Smucker has grown to be a well-respected North American marketer
and manufacturer with a balanced portfolio of leading and emerging,
on-trend brands. In consumer foods and beverages, its brands
include Smucker's , Folgers , Jif , Dunkin Donuts , Crisco , Caf
Bustelo , R.W. Knudsen Family , Sahale Snacks , Smucker's
Uncrustables , Robin Hood , and Bick s . In pet food and pet
snacks, its brands include Rachael Ray Nutrish , Meow Mix ,
Milk-Bone , Kibbles 'n Bits , Natural Balance , and Nature s Recipe
. The Company remains rooted in the Basic Beliefs of Quality,
People, Ethics, Growth, and Independence established by its founder
and namesake more than a century ago. For more information about
our Company, visit jmsmucker.com.
To make/produce high quality Treats with minimal yield loss at
lowest possible cost to factory. Rotating Shifts, possibly 7 days a
week and 12 hour shifts. Standing, Walking, Hot environment year
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB:
* Make Emulsions
* Make dye
* Make Coating
* Adding hand-adds to dry mixes.
* Responsible for running and monitoring system on a continuous
* Responsible for weekly start-ups, shut-downs and clean-ups.
* Responsible for minor maintenance of department equipment.
* Sanitation is a constant and critical issue keep production and
preparation areas clean
* Operation of forklift, pallet jack and hand truck
* Must be prepared to do what is manually required to keep system
* Work Rotating Shifts
* Work up to 12 hour shifts
* Work up to 7 days a week
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
* Ability to work alone/unsupervised (make decisions, correct
problems, complete tasks, etc.)
* Knowledge to be prepared for changeovers (have equipment and
ingredients, etc ready)
* Ability to work in a team environment
* Good utilization of time and initiative
* Knowledge and experience in use of tools
* Ability to learn and adapt quickly to changes
* Basic knowledge of diagrams and schematics know how to follow and
* Basic safety knowledge
* Basic computer skills
* Ability to complete task assigned by team leader without
* Ability to work quickly and efficiently under pressure
* High level of awareness to be able to run two systems at the same
* Strong mechanical aptitude
* Basic knowledge of VFD s, forklift battery charger, electric
motors, gearboxes, drive shafts, chain and belt drives, various
types of pumps, screw conveyors, airlocks, breaker boxes,
lockout/tag-out switches, scales, micro-motions.
* Advanced knowledge of products (ingredients, processes, etc.)
* Advanced knowledge of smart screens and their proper uses.
* Good communication skills
* Standing: 6 hours out of 8 hours a day (4 hours overtime) max of
10 hours in a 12 hr. day
* Sitting: Changing formulas and doing paperwork (minimal time)
usually take breaks and eat lunch in the TINA office.
* Lifting: Up to 50lb maximum limit. Capability of lifting 50lb
bags to hand stations. 20 lb. Buckets of ingredients for emulsion
batches dumped into breddo and batch tanks.
* Lift / Pull: Operate hand jack to lift pallets and barrels.
* Push / Pull: Push totes with hand jack, mop and broom for clean
* Carry: 50lb bags of ingredients from TINA dries room to TINA
emulsion prep area (30 35 ft.)
* Climbing: Up and down stairs to Emulsion Hopper 5-8 times per
shift. Up and down on fork truck 20-30 times per shift
* Balancing: Climbing stairs and ladders.
* Walking: To work area, around machines, out of storveyor area,
checking gauges and setting on equipment, and to break areas.
* Stooping: To pick up ingredient bags and carry over to emulsion
prep area picking up ingredient buckets to dump into Breddo and
Emulsion batch tank.
* Kneeling: To clean under conveyors and Dryer/Coolers
* Squatting: To pick up hand adds, to clean under conveyors and
* Reaching: Machinery that has been locked out and in need of
repair or maintenance, and cleaning
* Handling: Tools, valves, turning machines on and off, ingredient
bags, buckets, hoses, water guns, paper work and computer
* Feeling: Checking product texture and consistency
* Twisting: Head and neck rotation while driving fork lift
* Talking: Communicate with co-workers, Packaging operators, Bones
Premix operators, Lab workers and Team Leaders.
* Hearing: Machine running, operate forklift, co-workers and
* Noise: Hearing protection required in all production and
* Sight: Operating machinery, complete paper work and monitor
production 100% of time.
High School Diploma or GED required
WORKING ENVIRONMENT / PHYSICAL SURROUNDINGS:
Low conveyors, standing/walking on concrete, tight work spaces,
extreme temperatures (32 to 120F) hot in the summer and cold in the
PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT:
Hearing protection, bump cap for head protection, safety glasses,
steel toe shoes and high heat gloves.
Automatic equipment, pressurized air hoses, high pressure hoses,
strahman water hoses (hot-steam injected water) and very hot
The J. M. Smucker Company (the Company ) is an Equal Opportunity
Employer. No person will be discriminated against in hiring or in
any other aspect of their employment on the basis of race, color,
religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin,
ancestry, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity
or expression, transgender status, marital status, familial status,
disability, genetic information, protected veteran/military status,
or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state
or local law.
Keywords: The J. M. Smucker Company, Topeka , Production Team Member - Snacks Processing, Professions , Topeka, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!