Snacks Packaging Technician
Company: The J. M. Smucker Company
Posted on: September 13, 2019
For more than 120 years, The J.M. Smucker Company has brought
families together to share memorable meals and moments. Guided by a
vision to engage, delight, and inspire consumers through trusted
food and beverage brands that bring joy throughout their lives,
Smucker has grown to be a well-respected North American marketer
and manufacturer with a balanced portfolio of leading and emerging,
on-trend brands. In consumer foods and beverages, its brands
include Smucker's , Folgers , Jif , Dunkin Donuts , Crisco , Caf
Bustelo , R.W. Knudsen Family , Sahale Snacks , Smucker's
Uncrustables , Robin Hood , and Bick s . In pet food and pet
snacks, its brands include Rachael Ray Nutrish , Meow Mix ,
Milk-Bone , Kibbles 'n Bits , Natural Balance , and Nature s Recipe
. The Company remains rooted in the Basic Beliefs of Quality,
People, Ethics, Growth, and Independence established by its founder
and namesake more than a century ago. For more information about
our Company, visit jmsmucker.com.
* Job Description
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
* High level of alertness
* Ability to monitor multiple operations simultaneously and respond
* Knowledge in high speed packing equipment very helpful
* Be able to work with metric and American hand tools
* Basic math skills
* Read pressure gauges
* Proper lifting techniques
* Have understanding of pneumatics
* Understanding of mechanical timing, related to machines with
* Ability to quickly understand and operate highly automated
equipment with computer interfaces.
* Adhere to plant safety rules
* Adhere to plant G.M.P s
DIMENSIONS: To operate line in a safe and efficient manner, insure
quality standards are maintained while attaining schedule
High School Diploma or GED
YEARS OF EXPERIENCE:
1 or more years manufacturing preferred
* Mandatory overtime
* Twelve days on Two days off in treat season.
* Follow all plant GMP s.
* Follow all plant safety rules.
* Saturday Maintenance is strongly encouraged.
* Understand all JSA s and Safe Practices.
* Need own hand tools.
* To record periodic Quality Control Checks
* To Maintain packing rates
* To be able to lift 50lbs. 5 5 high
* To be able to stand for prolonged periods of time
* To have mechanical aptitude
* To have good communication skills
* To be able to work well with others
* To be able to work rotating shifts
STANDING: 8 TO 12 HOURS A DAY FOR UP TO 12 DAYS
SITTING: VERY LITTLE
LIFTING: 50# ROLLERS OF ZIPPER 5 -5 =DAILY FILM ROLLS OVER 100 LB.
USE 2 PEOPLE TO MOVE.
LIFT / PULL: OPERATE HAND JACK WHILE MOVING FILM AND ZIPPER/2 TIMES
PUSH / PULL: PALLETS ON DOLLIES/CASES AND TRAYS/2 TIMES DAILY
CARRY: 50# ROLLS OF ZIPPER/2 TIMES DAILY
CLIMBING: VERTICAL LADDERS TO SCALE AREA 10FT HIGH. AT LEAST 3
TIMES A DAY, STEPS TO STOREVEYOR AREA/2 TIMES DAILY
WALKING: IN AREA ALL DAY 8 TO 12 HOURS
STOOPING: WHEN ENTERING STOREVEYOR AREA. DAILY CHANGING BAR CODE
KNEELING: WHILE CLEANING AND WORKING ON PRODUCTION EQUIPMENT.
SQUATTING: WHILE CLEANING AND WORKING ON PRODUCTION EQUIPMENT.
REACHING: TO MAKE ANY ADJUSTMENTS ON PRODUCTION EQUIPMENT
HANDLING: USE OF HAND TOOLS AND THREADING ZIPPER DAILY, WOODEN
FEELING: QUALITY INSPECTION HOURLY
TWISTING: HANGING ZIPPER TWICE DAILY
TALKING: COMMUNICATE WITH TEAM MEMBERS
HEARING: ALARMS FROM EQUIPMENT /PLANT/FORK LIFT HORNS
NOISE: HEARING PROTECTION IN ALL PRODUCTION AREAS
SIGHT: WATCH FOR FORKLIFTS/WATCHING PRODUCTION EQUIPMENT AND
WORKING ENVIRONMENT / PHYSICAL SURROUNDINGS:
TIGHT PLACE INSIDE PRODUCTION EQUIPMENT/DUST WHEN CLEANING/HEAT
WHEN WORKING ON EQUIPMENT IN WORK AREA
PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT:
Hearing protection, safety glasses, steel toe shoes and high heat
* High speed packing equipment
* Utility knife and cutting devices
* High temp heating elements
* Elevated Platforms
Hot in summer, cold in winter. Manufacturing Plant
The J. M. Smucker Company (the Company ) is an Equal Opportunity
Employer. No person will be discriminated against in hiring or in
any other aspect of their employment on the basis of race, color,
religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin,
ancestry, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity
or expression, transgender status, marital status, familial status,
disability, genetic information, protected veteran/military status,
or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state
or local law.
Keywords: The J. M. Smucker Company, Topeka , Snacks Packaging Technician, Professions , Topeka, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!