Merchandising Sales Associate
Company: Tractor Supply Company
Posted on: November 16, 2023
Overall Job Summary
This position is responsible for traveling with the Field Activity
Support Team (FAST) to stores within an assigned district to own
and execute "start to finish" variable tasks such as planograms and
physical inventories, as well as provide support for other tasks
including merchandise and fixture assembly, and the maintenance of
all signage. This position will interact with customers and team
members, while providing legendary customer service.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (Min 5%)
---Maintain regular and predictable attendance.
---Work scheduled shifts and have the ability to work varied hours,
days, nights, and overtime as dictated by business needs.
---Communicate proactively and regularly with District FAST
Supervisor on work completion, issues, and offer solutions to
---Complete planograms and resets accurately and in a timely
---Maintain visual merchandise standards
---Perform store specific measurements
---Complete store layout initiatives
---Perform accurate counts for store inventories, as well as cycle
---Complete Tractor Way top cap process
---Hang store signage
---Assemble merchandise, fixtures and PDQs
---Perform detailed recovery and review planogram integrity
---Make the customer a priority when approached and provide
legendary customer service while in stores through the use of
---Greet the Customer
---Uncover the Customers' needs
---Ask for the Sale
---Provide peak coverage as needed (E.g., DAT)
---Team Members also may be required to perform other duties as
High School Diploma is required
High Demand IT Specialized Skills
Preferred knowledge, skills or abilities
---Farming, ranching, pet/equine, or welding knowledge is strongly
---Strong communication and problem-solving skills.
---Basic computer skills.
---Strong interpersonal skills and ability to resolve issues
ethically and with minimal conflict.
---Must be self-directed and have the ability to complete
assignments with little to no assistance.
- Working environment is favorable, generally working inside with
- Work shifts vary from one store to another, but generally are
no less than 4 hours and may exceed 8 hours
- Traveling between store locations in your personal vehicle is
required; often with long periods of time
- Promote a safe and productive work environment for Team Members
and customers and adhere to Company safety training and
- Ability to travel as required in support of district
- Ability to move and transfer live animals, equipment, and
merchandise weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to push and pull merchandise up to 2,000 pounds with
the assistance of proper material handling equipment (e.g. pallet
- Ability to occasionally lift or reach merchandise
- Ability to frequently stand, kneel, twist, crouch, squat, bend,
stoop, and climb ladders.
- Ability to move throughout the distribution center for an
- Ability to safely access all areas of the store including
selling floor, side lot, stock area, and register area.
- Ability to constantly operate store equipment such as computer,
cash register, and other store equipment.
- Ability to read, write, and count accurately to complete all
- Ability to utilize strong written and verbal communication
skills to communicate effectively with team members and
- Ability to handle and be in contact with birds/poultry.
- Ability to successfully complete all required training.
- Ability to operate and use all equipment necessary to run a
store (e.g. dolly, handtruck, forklift, baler, computer, cash
register) (forklift and baler requirements do not apply if under
the age of 18).
- Lifting up to 50 pounds
- Driving a vehicle
- Standing (not walking)
- Reaching overhead
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities
for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent
a comprehensive list of responsibilities. A team member should
perform all duties as assigned by his/ her supervisor.
ALREADY A TEAM MEMBER?
You must apply or refer a friend through our internal portal
Our Mission and Values are more than just words on the wall -
they're the one constant in an ever-changing environment and the
bedrock on which we build our culture. They're the core of who we
are and the foundation of every decision we make. It's not just
what we do that sets us apart, but how we do it.
We believe in managing your time for business and personal success,
which is why we empower our Team Members to lead balanced lives
through our benefits total rewards offerings. fot full-time and
eligible part-time TSC and Petsense Team Members. We care about
what you care about!
A lot of care goes into providing legendary service at Tractor
Supply Company, which is why our Team Members are our top priority.
Want a career with a clear path for growth? Your Opportunity is Out
Here at Tractor Supply and Petsense.
Join Our Talent Community
Keywords: Tractor Supply Company, Topeka , Merchandising Sales Associate, Sales , Topeka, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!