Outside Sales Representative - Home Security
Company: Cox Communications
Posted on: November 9, 2019
AtCox, we connect people to the things they love. Now we?d like to
Cox Communications isseeking an Outside Sales Representative to
join our Home Security team.The Outside Sales Representative is
anincredible opportunity for someone with an entrepreneurial
spirit, whoenjoys relationship building, managing customer
accounts, and developing newbusiness.
If youare a highly competitive and personableindividual who is
interested in a sales career with an established and
innovativecompany, we invite you to keep reading to learn more
about joining the CoxCommunications Home Security team. ?Take
Control of Your Career and Unleash your potential as an Outside
Sales Representative Home Security with Cox
As an Outside Sales Representative Home Security,you will be
responsible for introducing, promoting and selling Cox
Homelifeservices and ancillary products to residential customers to
ensure achievementof Homelife PSU growth and net gain objectives.
You will perform the entiresales process (with a focus on
Self-Generation and prospecting, in-home salesconsultation, sales
and post-install customer satisfaction (follow-up) forHomelife
products to residential customers, with a strong
PerformanceManagement accountability to meet or exceed sales
targets.?As an Outside Sales Representative Home Security,you will
work independently in the field meeting with both new and
existingcustomers, with at least 90% of work time is spent in the
field.? In this role will use a company vehicle or private vehicle
for extensive local travel, withmileage reimbursement (or
allowance). You will be expected to meet orexceed
corporate/regional sales goals in a goal-driven, sales
organization.Incumbents will exhibit a strong entrepreneurial
spirit and self-motivation,manage your own schedule and may work
evenings and weekends to maximizecustomer contact and regularly
work outdoors in adverse weather conditions andat night, when
necessary.? In some situations,you may work with dissatisfied
customers and will work in customers? homes orpremises.?Successful
candidates are driven ?hunters?, with a strong work ethic, a
highdegree of integrity and an entrepreneurial and
achievement-oriented attitude. ?AtCox Communications, our employees
are our most important resource. Todemonstrate the value we place
in our employees, we offer:
- Competitive basesalary plus unlimited commission potential
- Generous benefits toinclude healthcare day one, paid time off
and 401(k) matching
- Free Internet andother Cox discounted services
- Career developmentprograms and ongoing training, including
- Future career growthand promotional opportunities
?PrimaryResponsibilities and Essential FunctionsEssential functions
of the role include sales, customer service,networking and
collaboration, administration and self-development. ??Primary
responsibilities within thesefunctions include:
- The ideal candidate will be able toSelf-Generate customer
connect opportunities, in addition to company leads inorder to meet
or exceed sales targets.
- Markets, promotes and sells Cox Homelifeservices and ancillary
products door-to-door to residential customers to meetor exceed
sales goals. ?
- Identifies new residential prospects through prospecting,cold
calling, auditing subdivisions, remarket neighborhoods and analysis
ofstreet sheets by utilizing various resources and individual
- Cold calls (door-to-door and phone) new andexisting customers
in territory to sell (or upgrade) services and ensuresatisfaction
with Cox services. ?
- Meets with prospective customers to collectinformation required
to assess their home security needs in detail and qualifyprospects.
- Delivers sales presentations following our G.U.I.D.Esales
process; and product demonstrations to customers and prospects.
Usessolution selling techniques to leverage the position of Cox
Homelife productsto educate and influence customers to buy
products, typically, in one salescall. ?
- Educates customers in the use of installed CoxHomelife
products, service offerings, billing, charges, and product
- Engaged in Self-Generated prospectingactivities daily in order
to ensure that sales expectations are met. ?
- Negotiates pricing, products, promotions, andterms/conditions
with prospective customers. ?
- Tracks orders and serves as a point of contactfor customer
throughout sales and installation process. Keeps customersinformed
of installation progress and installation problems and maintains
clientsatisfaction throughout the sales cycle. ??
- Builds and maintains relationships withdevelopers, realtors,
insurance agents, contractors, builders in subdivisionsutilizing
our Community Connection Program to promote Cox Homelife products
- Prospects and promotes Cox Homelife productsand services by
asking for referrals at time of sale, being involved innetworking
groups, making presentations at homeowners association meetings,
andconducting informational sessions at Cox retail stores. ?
- Builds and maintains effective internalnetwork to refer
problems and process sales and installation orders. ?
- Communicates special conditions or extenuatingcircumstances to
Managers and/or assigned technicians to assure smoothinstallation
and excellent customer service. ???
- Initiates and documents new accountinformation by keying orders
- Documents and communicates installation designfor Installers.
- Plans and organizes daily work route interritory.
- Schedules installation appointments ifnecessary. ?
- Maintains and submits regular expense andsales activity reports
using software designed for that purpose. ?
- Obtains credit approvals as required throughestablished
- Ensures product pricing reflects pricingstructures set at the
corporate level. ?
- Document contract information in Docusign andprovide copy to
customers for approval.
- Attends job-related training to increaseknowledge of Cox and
competitor home security services and offerings,consultation,
negotiation, and sales skills; attends scheduled team
meetings,refresher training, and service updates.
- Accountability, internal drive,self-motivation, entrepreneurial
spirit and a burning desire to excel, arehighly desirable
attributes for successful candidates this role.
- 1 or more year of experience preferred in outsideor field sales
experience with quotas and cold calling.
- Valid state driver?s license, good drivingrecord, reliable
- Certifications and licenses, as required bystate and municipal
- 6 months experience using a computer in a workor non-work
- Willingness to work weekends and nights.
- 18 years of ageor older.
- High Schooldiploma or GED equivalent.
- Eligible to workin United States.
- Excellent adaptability,applied learning, assignment management,
relationship building, customer service delivery, formal
presentation skills,high impact communications, results produced,
continuous learning, PC skills,quality orientation, sales
disposition, self-management, self-motivation andself-discipline,
technical aptitude, and trustworthiness ?in order to work
effectively with teamsthroughout organization.?Preferred
- BS/BA degree in related discipline or strongsales
- Experience in direct sales in home security
- 2 years of outside or field sales experiencewith quota
- Knowledge of local market, local contacts.
About Cox CommunicationsCox Communications?is committed to creating
meaningful moments of human connection through broadband
applications and services. The largest private telecom company in
America, we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across
18 states. We're dedicated to empowering others to build a better
future and celebrate diverse products, people, suppliers,
communities and the characteristics that makes each one unique. Cox
Communications is the largest division of Cox Enterprises, a
family-owned business founded in 1898 by Governor?James M. Cox.Cox
is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified
applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment
without regard to that individual's age, race, color, religion or
creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy),
sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental
disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity,
citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.Statement
to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations:? Cox accepts
resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their
services.? Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking
system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox
facility.? Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges
associated with unsolicited resumes.
Keywords: Cox Communications, Topeka , Outside Sales Representative - Home Security, Sales , Topeka, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!